© 2023 All rights reserved
Showing the single result
Carer Online Support Group25.00€ – 35.00€
Carer Online Support Group (Monthly live confidential space for parents, partners, family members and friends).
Each month, parents and family members support each other as well as learn new skills. They share their own experiences of the recovery process, what has worked and what they have learned along the way. They get the opportunity to avail of our expertise too!
Over a number of sessions, Deirdre will help you to:
- Understand the eating disorder illness better
- Give you the tools and techniques you need to better support your child
- Understand that you HAVE a role to play in supporting your child’s recovery – no matter their age
- Feel more empowered
- Feel listened to, understood and supported
This 1:1 session with Zuzanna is intended to assist with assessment, diagnosis, and treatment recommendations. The session will (a) involve a history and interview(s), combined with the use of a number of assessment tools which will help to both formulate diagnosis and offer recommendations for treatment, as well as a risk assessment and (b) help to answer some of the following questions:
- Is this disordered eating or an eating disorder?
- Which eating disorder is it?
- How severe is the presentation?
This assessment will enable the development of a strategic treatment plan, using proven evidence-based therapies, co-ordinated with other treatment providers as appropriate (for example, psychiatrist, GP, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services and/or dietitian). Families are guided and supported by a team of professionals, working alongside them and their loved one.