Has your loved one been diagnosed with an eating disorder – or suspected of having one? Are they diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC) or potentially on the spectrum?
Are you concerned about their progress during treatment? Are their specific needs not being met? Do you feel misunderstood?
The research suggests a link between Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC) and anorexia (in particular), with ASC women substantially over-represented among people receiving treatment for anorexia. Links between ARFID and autism are also being explored.
The treatment process can be more challenging for this population if their needs are not accommodated. Caregivers (parents, partners and family members) can feel unheard, misunderstood and utterly overwhelmed.
‘This webinar is for you if you….
- want to learn about specific modifications and accommodations needed.
- want to learn what treatment approaches are effective in treating comorbid eating disorder and ASC
- want help with managing sensory difficulties in recovery.
- Want to learn how to help your loved one manage emotions.
In this webinar, we will help you to:
- Understand how autism can influence the eating disorder and the recovery process.
- Communicate better with your loved one around eating disorder concerns and struggles.
- Navigate recovery while continuing to support your loved one.
- Understand how to advocate for appropriate accommodations in treatment.
- Manage your own level of stress and resilience, sharing some useful resources and tools